Fresh shrimp, ginger, peppers and eggs combine for a filling fried rice dish.
- Makes: 4 to 6 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 yellow sweet pepper, julienned
- 1 red sweet pepper, julienned
- 1 medium red onion, julienned
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 4 eggs
- 1 dozen large shrimp, cleaned, cooked and tails removed
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- hot sauce (preferably siracha)
- soy sauce, to taste
- Heat canola oil in a very hot wok or heavy skillet. Saute peppers and onion together in small batches. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Heat sesame oil until it begins to smoke. Add rice, eggs and shrimp in small batches, stirring constantly until eggs are cooked.
- Reheat all cooked ingredients together, and serve immediately. Season with hot sauce and soy sauce to taste.