Cherry Almond Cream Cheese Breakfast Braid is a sweet and savory, premium cherry filled crescent roll baked golden brown with an almond glaze drizzled over topped and garnished with almonds. This holiday breakfast will become a favorite!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 roll refrigerated crescent dough
- 4 ounce cream cheese softened
- 2 TBS sugar
- 1 can Lucky Leaf Cherry Fruit Topping
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3 T Milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and roll out the crescent dough.
In a small bowl whisk together cream cheese and sugar. Spread evenly in the middle third of the dough. Spread
- cherry filling over the top. One the outer two thirds, cut diagonal lines down each side. Gently fold each piece creating a braid over the top.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg. Brush the beaten egg on the top. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the top os golden brown. Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes.
- To make the glaze whisk together the powdered sugar, milk and almond extract. Drizzle over the top of the braid. Top with slivered almonds. Slice and serve.