Chicken Cauliflower Fried Rice has all the flavor of traditional fried rice with an extra dose of nutrition.
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Nutrition Highlights: Per serving: 346 calories, 16.6g fat, 34.5g protein, 5g fiber, 90.8mg calcium, 16.6g carbs, 1607mg sodium.
- 3 cups riced cauliflower, fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil (such as canola, avocado or grapeseed)
- 1 cup white onion, diced
- 1 ½ cups frozen peas and carrots
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 ½ cups cooked chicken, shredded
- ¼ cup green onion, sliced
- Heat a large skillet to medium-high heat and add the oil.
- Add the onion, peas and carrots and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Pour in the cauliflower rice and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Create a hole in the middle of the pan and pour in the whisked eggs and quickly begin to scramble the eggs. Once scrambled stir the eggs into the fried rice mixture.
- Add the soy sauce, sesame oil, salt, pepper, garlic and red pepper flakes and mix until combined.
- Add the cooked shredded chicken and green onions.
- Serve while hot. Top with more soy sauce and green onions if desired.