Cinnamon Roll Pancakes are a delicious homemade pancake mix swirled with cinnamon roll filling and drizzled with a delicious cream cheese glaze. These are pure deliciousness!
As I was making this delicious cinnamon roll pancake creation I thought to myself… why haven’t I made these until now? A pancake swirled with cinnamon sugar and an amazing cream cheese glaze on top. Doesn’t get much better than that!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
Cream Cheese Glaze:
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pancakes: (Can also use a box)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
To Make the Cinnamon Filling:
- Combine brown sugar, melted butter, and cinnamon in a medium size bowl. Scoop into a baggie and set aside.
For the Glaze:
- In a small pan melt the butter over low heat. Whisk together the cream cheese, vanilla and powdered sugar. Take off of the heat and set aside until ready to use on pancakes.
To Make the Pancakes:
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk together the milk, egg, and oil.
- Heat skillet to medium low. Once preheated, spray with non-stick spray. Add about 1/2 cup of the batter to the skillet. Wait until bubbles start to form. Snip the corner of the cinnamon filling, and create a swirl pattern in the center of the pancake as pictured above. See notes. Be careful not to get it too close to the edge. With a wide metal spatula flip the pancake over and continue cooking for an additional 1-2 minutes until golden brown.
- Wipe out the pan each time and repeat with the remaining batter. Warm the glaze if needed and drizzle over pancakes.
Tips on Making Cinnamon Roll Pancakes:
- Stir cinnamon filling: Before using the cinnamon filling mixture to swirl on top of the pancakes, open up the bag and re-stir to make sure that the butter is fully incorporated.
- Griddle or skillet: Use a nonstick skillet or griddle when making cinnamon roll pancakes. These pancakes tend to stick a little a bit with the cinnamon roll filling.
- Cinnamon filling: This is best if it is a thick texture. If it is too thin the cinnamon filling will run in the pancake.
- Bubbles: Once the cinnamon roll pancakes begins to have several small bubbles over top, flip your pancake using a thin spatula.