Decadent macaroni and cheese is made even better with lump crabmeat.
- Makes: 6-8 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Intermediate
- 1 pound rigatoni pasta
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups whole milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 16 ounces white cheddar cheese, grated
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 24 ounces lump crab (large lumps preferred)
- ½ cup green onions, chopped
- 1 cup garlic pita or garlic bagel chips, crushed
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter with the garlic. Add the flour and stir until foamy. Stir in the milk and cream cheese until milk begins to steam. Add the cheddar cheese, salt, nutmeg and cayenne pepper.
- When creamy and well combined, add the pasta and crab. Coat well with the sauce.
- Sprinkle green onions and pita or bagel chips as a garnish. Serve immediately.