Sweet, nutty pecan pie brownies can be made individual-sized or in a large skillet.
- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate (100% cacao)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
Pecan Pie Filling
- ⅓ cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups (8 ounces) pecan pieces
- vanilla ice cream
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Generously grease the bottom and sides of eight 3 ½-inch seasoned cast iron skillets, or one 8-inch skillet, with shortening or butter. Set aside.
- Combine butter and chocolate in a large glass bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute or until butter is melted. Remove and stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Whisk in sugar, vanilla and eggs until smooth. Gently fold in flour.
- Spread ¼ cup brownie batter into each cast iron skillet, or all the batter into one 8-inch skillet.
- Prepare pecan pie filling: Combine butter and brown sugar in a small saucepan and melt over medium heat. Allow to cool slightly and then whisk in egg yolk, flour and vanilla until thoroughly combined. Stir in pecans.
- Gently spoon pecan filling over brownie base, spreading evenly.
- Bake for 25 minutes if using individual skillets, or 40 to 45 minutes if using one large skillet, until pecans are golden brown. Cool slightly on wire rack and serve a la mode with ice cream.