Get into the holiday spirit with festive peppermint hot chocolate.
- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Nutrition Highlights: Cocoa powder is extremely rich in antioxidant-rich flavanols.
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 4 cups whole milk
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- small peppermint sticks or candy canes for garnish, optional
- In a saucepan, combine the cocoa powder, sugar and water. Stir together over low heat until well combined.
- Pour in milk, peppermint extract and salt. Stir occasionally until well heated.
- Pour into mugs, and top with whipped cream and a short peppermint stick.